Monday, May 18, 2009

Faviorite Quotes

We had a very nice relaxing show at The Elements Spa and Yoga Center. On a side note, it was a great place that everyone who is local should visit. The owner also makes a wonderful organic soap which I love!

It was a small show but packed full of neat people. I met several, but one wonderful woman stands out. She is a breast cancer survivor and had a wonderful aura about her. After first meeting her you could tell she knew who she was and was very happy in her skin. She shared with me her favorite quote to live by – which is now my favorite quote:

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is.
Albert Einstein
US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

It struck me at my core. You see, although I have to remind myself many times, I should have a full understanding of this quote as I have walked down a difficult road and found out what really matters in life. Not only was I faced with the dreaded cancer card with my then two year old child, but my very dear friend had lived her young life as this quote stated. She, my dearest Samantha, was one to believe in life and all it had to hold. Although the last five of her years was full of cancer, surgeries, chemo, radiation, pills, scans, physical therapy and the list goes on, she saw the miracle in every day. She believed in positive thinking, meditation and yoga - even after most of her leg was amputated. She would of loved this spa..I am sorry we never were able to enjoy a yoga class together!

One thing I never thought would happen in our journey selling our homemade jam was the impact of the people we meet would have in my life.

We enjoy making homemade jam, giving back to our community through volunteering, fundraising for childhood cancer organizations, and working with local farmers. We receive wonderful comments and its great to see people who truly enjoy the fruits of our labor. But I never imagined the profound impact meeting our customers would make in my life. Every person has a story and I find joy that I can hear parts of their lives I would of never of known otherwise. Most comments are about their grandma or mother who has since past and how they use to make them homemade jam. Or stories of growing up in a simpler time - picking berries, canning their own food, etc.. But then there are other stories like the one I had with this lady that give me thanks that I am lucky enough to meet these people and to be reminded of the good things here on earth.

So while I was in this beautiful spa, with soothing background music and wonderful energy, I was blessed to be reminded of my missed friend Samantha, with this inspiring quote. As I said, it struck me at my core.

What is your favorite quote and how has it made a difference in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment