Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Strawberry What?

Many times I am approached by a customer asking if I have Strawberry Rhubarb Jam. My first response is….”your not from around here are you?”. But of course I know what it is as my dad LOVES Rhubarb. Me however, not so much. I should say I have not had it since I was my oldest son’s age so I may feel different about it now.

Well we finally found some fresh Rhubarb as it does not grow well around here. It’s funny how the smell of the rhubarb took me back to 1981. I felt I was in my parents’ kitchen surrounded by the orange counters and the microwave that was the size of the oven! Remember them? It probably leaked radiation but I thought we were cool as we were the first ones on the block who could nuke our food.

So, I made up a batch of Strawberry Rhubarb jam but I have no idea what it’s supposed to taste like. Therefore, its hard to tell if this is good, great or just OK? We don’t like selling anything but great so what is a girl to do? Can you tell me how Strawberry Rhubarb Jam should taste? Does it have a sour edge, just a little tart or is it sweet? Ours is kind of sweet and you can tell there is something more than Strawberries. I have a few customers who are waiting for me to make this so I am sure I can track them down to get them to give me their opinions but I am wondering if you know how it should taste?

No comments:

Post a Comment